Vanya Green Assuied is a singer, composer, Board Certified Music Therapist, and Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor who specializes in the intersection between music and healing. Her music music builds upon a long-standing Mediterranean tradition of meeting of East and West.
As a Fulbright Scholar for voice to Israel, she researched and performed traditional Sephardic music in Ladino as well as modern and classical Arabic and Turkish music. Other honors include a Susan Eliakim Siman grant for research in Greece and Turkey and a scholarship for flamenco singing to the Fundacion de Flamenco, in Seville, Spain.
Recent and Upcoming Events
- May 5, 2016: Songs of Heartbreak, Yearning and Resistance: A Concert in Honor of Yom HaShoah with Yuval Ron, Leo Chelyapov and Jamie Papish at Adat Ari El
- March 2-3, 2016: Leading and Conducting Kantigas Muestras: Judeo-Spanish Community Singers at the 5th annual ucLadino Judeo-Spanish Symposium at UCLA
- February 21, 2016. Ladino Music Concert at Bower's Museum for UC Irvine, 2 pm.
- January 27, 2016: Sacred Jewish Music, Poetry and Chant at Loyola Marymount University Yoga Studies Program at 8 pm
- December 3. 2015: Kantikas de Hanuka: Presentation and Workshop of Hanukah Songs in Judeo-Spanish at UCLA, Co-Sponsored by the Department of Spanish and Portuguese and the Alan D. Levy Center for Jewish Studies
- November 19, 2015: The Science and Practice of Music Therapy for Pain Reduction at CSUN
- November 11, 2015: Rosh Hodesh Kislev: Reaching for the Light at Adat Ari El
- November 9, 2015: 2015 Kristallnacht Commemoration: Bearing Witness Through Music: Songs of Heartbreak, Yearning and Celebration, in concert with Yuval Ron and LMU
Adio Kerida and other songs heard here.
Click on 'Buy'